Friday, May 13, 2011

First half of 2011

How is it that an entire year has passed since I last posted? How does time go by so quickly? Last year at this time I thought I might be laid off from my job, or forced to move to a new place to find work...unsure about many different things. A lot has happened in these first 6 months of 2011, that is for sure: a new job in a new field, a brand new roommate, the end to a 3-year relationship...it's hard to put it in perspective that way and feels trivial to sum it up in one short list. I'll never forget the first time I recall feeling nostalgic about the passing of time. We were walking back to school from our Third Grade year-end class picnic that my mom hosted at our house (within walking distance of my elementary school). I remember saying to my teach Mr. Howell (my "wise" third grade self mind you) "I can't believe the year is over, it feels like it just began", and I remember that he told me that the older I get, the more I will notice how quickly time passes. No other profound thoughts to express tonight, just marveling at what Mr. Howell got right...time passes right before our eyes. A good remind to embrace and live happily in the moment while it occurs.

No comments: